Skip to main content

Health and wellness

The entrance to the UOIT Campus Recreation and Wellness Centre (CRWC)

Where to go

If you feel sick and need to see a doctor, contact a clinic. (Due to COVID-19 restrictions, it is recommended that you call the clinic first. They will advise you regarding the next steps.) 

If it is an emergency, visit a hospital.


If you are at the University and need help immediately, call Campus Security at 905.721.3211 or 905.721.8668 ext. 2400

If you are not at the university, call 911.

What to do

  1. Always have your Insurance card with you.
  2. Show your insurance card at the hospital or clinic when you arrive.
  3. If the receptionist asks you to pay (approximately $50), you must pay and keep your receipt. You must pay out of pocket if you go to a clinic that does not have direct billing.
  4. Sit down and wait to see the doctor. Wait times may vary.
  5. Keep your receipt for the visit and any medication you have to buy.
  6. Talk to your Student Resource Co-ordinator about completing a claim form to be reimbursed.

How to pay

Your MORE Canada Insurance Plan will pay for the cost of health-care services such as:

  • Accidental dental: if you are hit in the mouth or in an accident and your teeth are damaged.
  • Ambulance: if you are unable to get to the hospital.
  • Doctor visit: general doctor or specialist at clinic or hospital.
  • Hospital visit: all costs associated with an urgent condition.
  • Laboratory work/X-rays: if ordered by a doctor.
  • Maternity: for maternity expenses if pregnancy starts after the effective date.
  • Out of Canada Coverage: all eligible expenses anywhere in the world except in Home Country.
  • Paramedical: up to $500 for a chiropractor, massage therapist, acupuncturist, naturopath, chiropodist/podiatrist - no referral from physician required.
  • Prescription drugs: Only if prescribed by a doctor in the hospital.
  • Vision care: for a non-emergency eye exam.
*Some expectations apply


An office with one or more doctors. The doctor will give you treatment or advice.

A large medical centre with many different specialty areas. For emergencies only (uncontrollable bleeding, car accidents, broken bones, extreme pain, severe injury).

A financial arrangement was made with a specific company. You pay a monthly fee to the company and they will pay for the cost of treatment of emergencies, accidents and illnesses. Insurance is mandatory if you are studying at a Canadian university.

Emergency services outside Canada

For a full list of benefits and coverage details, please visit
If you have any questions about MORE Enhanced, speak to your Student Resource Co‑ordinator.

You can read more about your policy in your own language, track claims status, print an ID card and more by creating an account online at

Local clinics

Local hospitals

* Direct-billing clinic

If you visit a clinic that has direct billing with, you do not need to pay out of pocket. For a list of direct-billing clinics, visit and select the Clinics - Find a clinic button.